Calvary Chapel of Spring Creek is a non-denominational church. We at Calvary Chapel seek to emphasize the spiritual unity of all true believers. It is the policy of Calvary Chapel to give preeminence to the preaching and teaching of the Word Of God, and to the worship of our Lord Jesus Christ.
In order to identify the church as conservative in theology, and evangelical in spirit, we set forth this general statement of fundamental beliefs. This statement of faith is not meant be comprehensive, but simple.
1. We believe the Bible (both old and new testaments) to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God and inerrant in the original writings. We believe what the historic Christian Church has always believed, that the Bible is
sufficient for all matters of faith and practice.
2. We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. We believe that God is
the personal, transcendent, and sovereign creator of all things.
3. We believe in the Deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth (He is fully God and fully man), in His sinless life, in His
miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, and in His ascension to
the right hand of the Father.
4. We believe in the personal, visible (bodily), and pre-millennial second coming of Jesus Christ to this earth. He will return
with His saints and set up His kingdom of which there will be no end.
5. We believe that all people are by nature, separated from God and responsible for their own sin, but that salvation,
redemption, and forgiveness are freely offered to all by the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ. When a person repents of sin
and accepts Jesus Christ as personal savior and Lord, trusting Him to save them, that person is immediately born again
and sealed by the Holy Spirit, all his/her sins are forgiven, and that person becomes a child of God, and will spend
eternity with the Lord.
6. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a Godly life.
7. We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and unsaved; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they
that are unsaved to the resurrection of damnation.
8. We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ. The basis for this unity is the “one body”,
“one Spirit”, “one hope of our calling”, “one Lord, “one faith”, “one baptism”, One God and Father of all” (Ephesians 4:3-6)
Calvary Chapel Of Spring Creek regularly observes the two New Testament ordinances of water baptism and the Lord's Supper. These ordinances are in obedience to our Lord Jesus Christ, as acts of love and devotion, and are not considered to be necessary for our salvation.